Saturday, 28 February 2015

30


That's the age I'll be in less than a week.

Have I achieved everything I wanted to before this big birthday? No, of course not.

I've been sad for a number of weeks, dwelling on this milestone. It's a time when you tell yourself you need to stop fannying around and grow up. A lot of my friends and family are fully grown, so now I need follow suit.

However, for everything I haven't 'achieved' there's a hell of a lot I have.

I've written books.

That's not what's important though.

I discovered that life is fleeting and we have to try our very best to not sweat the small stuff, living life to the fullest. We're all guilty of getting ourselves in a mess about things we're likely to forget on our deathbed.

I've discovered that I not only can find love, but I deserve it. That having a family one day might actually be a nice thing rather than something to dread or turn my nose up at. That comes from finding the right person and I have.

I learned that money isn't everything.

That you can start again whenever you want to.

Most of all, I've learned to cherish the now. My partner and my parents in particular. I may not see my parents as often as I should or would like, but I'm so lucky to have them in my life as I turn 30. I not only have a best friend in my mum, but a soulmate. We all have different lives now, but as I said in the acknowledgements of Blackbrooke, we were the three musketeers. We always will be to me. I was supremely lucky to have that 'moment' in my life and to be born to truly good people.

As tempted as I am to turn this into another set of acknowledgements, I won't.

I'll just say that I have some adventures ahead of me. No matter what happens, I'll make sure it's fun.

Here's to one more week of my twenties.

I can't say I'm not a little apprehensive, but happy birthday to me.

Em

x

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for share such a wonderful article.I like the way of writing and presenting.I bookmarked this article for my writing.I refer best essay writing service guidelines for my writing.

    ReplyDelete